Skip to main content

Scam 1992 the Harshad Mehta Story - S01 E09

Only the rich can do business in this country. Because there are huge pitfalls along this road. A trader or a businessman can easily fall into them. It's impossible to run a business on this road with honesty and hard work. But there is a way,a shortcut. Which goes via Delhi's parliament house. With connections, you can get anything done. What's important is, who are your connections,and how high up they are. The more influential they are,the higher your business will soar. I have also paid my respects in the power portals of Delhi. My relationship with Delhi is old and very deep. During the 91 elections,we gave a lot of donation to the party. Large sums. And everyone is aware of this, from the party's advisor to the Prime Minister. And so when the by election dates were declared,I spoke to Sahab. And I went to pay my respects to him. Indrajit Sharma. Joint secretary to PM. He was the one who fixed the meeting. The date was 4th November, 1991. [Harshad]'I was wondering why would the Prime Minister meet me?' 'What will he talk to me about?' But he knew everything about me. As soon as he met me, he said,"Harshad, our party has seen you people like our friends." "And together we can do bigger things." But today, the police, CBI,and every other agency of the government is only after one man. Harshad Mehta. Why? 


Because I've done a scam? No. The reason is that,I know a lot about the country's Prime Minister,and about many others in this party. And I know the truth. Riots are going on because of the Babri Masjid demolition,but my family is more scared of the CBI than the riots. CBI can do anything to me and my family. I am shooting this video so that, if something happens to me,people should know who is behind it. [Title Montage] [Bhushan coughing] What are you doing, Mishra? How much did you hit him? Is your brain between your legs? [Madhavan] 'Look at his face. It's tilted like 6:05 on a clock.' Bhushan ji is not a goon. If he spoke clearly, I'd let him go. But he's not willing to talk. What do I say? In what language should I speak? Do you people even understand anything? Bhushan ji, you're not a goon. You're a p**p. You and your boss have turned the market into a br***el. [Madhavan] 'Right?' And who understands what a p**p says? Only the prostitutes. Look at them. Do they look like prostitutes? Talk in a language that they'll understand.   This is the language of the business,  Shut up! Business,business,business! 


Do you think we are a******s! We know what business you do. Look at them. Look at their faces. They have just one goal and that is to sc**w Harshad Mehta. But that is not happening, so till then,we'll sc**w you. Got it? If you've understood,Start talking. 'Talk', 'Talk'..? What should I say? [CBI Officer] 'Lower your voice!' You seem angry. Don't get mad, Bhushan ji. That's our job. Go and get a towel. Get a towel. Look how much he's sweating. You have beaten him to a pulp! [Madhavan] 'Don't get angry.' Get the towel. Wipe your face. [Madhavan] 'Go on, wipe your face.' What is this? [Madhavan laughs] What happened? Did you piss on it? Are you the CBI, or a pack of dogs? You piss wherever you like. I asked you to wet the towel with water, not with piss. You don't even know how to interrogate. At least, ask the right questions. We are asking the wrong questions, is it? Okay. We'll ask the right question. Mishra ji, what's the right question these days? [Mishra] 'Ilu, Ilu...' Ilu, Ilu. What is Ilu, Ilu? Right. Should I ask you that? What the f**k is Ilu Ilu? Should I ask you that question? Will you answer that? F*****g p**p. For now I've only wiped your face with piss. If you act smart, I'll piss on your face. When Harshad finds out, he'll make everyone pay for it. Let me get out of here. Delhi is in his pocket. Yes, Harshad is the boss, right? He has Delhi in his pocket. I'll put all his p***ps from Delhi behind bars too, got it? Would you put the Prime Minister,behind bars too? Step outside. What did you say? What about the Prime Minister? Are you out of your mind, Madhavan? Do you have any idea what you're saying? Sir, why do you look surprised? It's not like we've found water on the moon, sir. This, we have known all along,that Harshad might have big political connections. That's it. One of Harshad's men tells you that the PM backs him. So, you're going to raid 7 RCR now? Huh? What's this obsession that you have with Prime Ministers? Sir, from my previous experiences, I know,that it's not possible to raid 7, Race Course Road. But sir, we can start a primary enquiry. At least that.   Madhavan, y you're not serious.   I'm serious, sir. And my sense of humour is completely apolitical and this case is turning political. [Madhavan] 'Just hear me out, sir.' I'm 100 percent sure, Bhushan Bhatt can be our approver. If we host him a bit more, he'll start singing all the details. [Madhavan] 'It's done.' You need to slow down, Madhavan. [Das] 'Let me think it through.' Slow down, sir? We are almost there. This is the list of assets that the custodian has asked for. I'll give it to the jailer. Sign them. Properties, cars, shares,Bhai, they've have attached everything. Have they attached the Lexus too? Don't think about it. 


Once you are out, we'll deal with everyone. Don't worry. Any news from Swami ji? We have given him a lot of money. He who eats, gets the crop. He who reaps, gets God. Whenever I call Swami ji, his disciples say he is meditating. That he will call back. I don't know how long he is going to meditate. Now, not another penny to anyone. Enough is enough. Tell those p**ps from Delhi,  ...that I won't remain mum for long.   It'll be fine. It will all be fine. Don't worry. Take care of yourse,Based on a statement made by a criminal or an accused,CBI will question the Prime Minister of this country,would that be appropriate? Swami ji, even if we explain this to Madhavan and stop him,this won't end here. Das, when a question has many answers,suspicion is always on the one giving the answers. [swami] 'And in this entire fraud, In this scam...' '...every question should lead to only one answer.' Harshad Mehta. This is the one answer,that will be appreciated by both, the public and the parliament. But I don't know if Madhavan will agree to this. Are you the chief of CBI, or Madhavan? [Swami] 'And one more important thing.' That journalist,Sucheta,Sucheta Dalal. Please keep an eye on her too. There is someone who is telling her things,she shouldn't know. I think someone is following us. Sir, I need to talk to you. Yes. A few of my men have been asked to keep an eye on some journalist, sir.  [Das] 'Journalist?'   Sucheta Dalal. But that's not the point, sir. The point is,that my manpower is being used for something absolutely unnecessary and trivial. Your manpower? Madhavan, let's get this thing very clear first. They are not your men. They are CBI officers. I'm aware of that, sir. After so many years in service, I'm well aware of that. But the point is, the case that these officers are working on,  I'm the investigating officer of that case,  They're simply following my orders. Okay? Okay. Okay. In that case, sir, I want to repeat that,it's a complete waste of time and resources. Madhavan,  Sir.   You know,I really like you. I really like the way you're dedicated towards this case. And I also know that you're the best in our department. But please,Please try to understand. I'm trying to get this investigation back on the track. Sir, the investigation never went off track.   I don't know what you're talking about.   For God's sake, Madhavan. This is a financial scam! Because of your personal vendetta, you're unnecessarily trying,to make this political. Personal vendetta, sir? How? How is it personal? You just cannot drag an innocent prime minister into this mess. Don't drag his name just because he was not happy with you,the way you handled Bofors. Do you have any proof against the PM in this scam? Tell me. You're just going by what some lackey told you? He's trying to divert this case, try to understand. You simply focus on Harshad, that's it. Sir,such a huge scam,such a huge financial fraud, that we're still only estimating the numbers,And you're trying to tell me that Harshad pulled it off on his own! Without any support, sir? I think from now, I should be taking charge of this case.   Sorry, sir?  [Das] 'Yes.' 'I should be taking charge of this case.' Madhavan, I believe you have had a wonderful career in CBI. I don't want this case to be a personal embarrassment for you and CBI, both. I get it, sir. Sir, I am not very fond of being embarrassed either. But I just want to tell you one thing. Embarrassment is going to be your lot, sir. People will call you a parrot. A parrot. What do you mean by that? What do I mean? Parrot? Sir, the order has come from someplace else. You're just repeating them. And a parrot often repeats whatever its master speaks. You're a caged parrot, sir. I'll make it easier for you, sir. I will leave. I'm not the ass who will listen to a parrot. I'll send you my resignation. Have a good day, sir. Listen, Madhavan,Think about what you will tell the press, because that is going to be difficult. How are you going to explain to them,why the investigating officer of this case was compelled to leave,right in the middle of the investigation? [Madhavan] 'What will you say?' Or learn the master's answer by rote and repeat it like a parrot. And sir, one more thing. A parrot is also referred to, as his masters voice. So if the press refers to you as his masters voice, don't get confused. They still mean you. [swami] 'His sudden resignation can raise some difficult questions.' No. That's not a problem. I'll tell the press,that he was disappointed because his promotion didn't go through. That's why he resigned. [swami] 'That makes sense. Hari om.' I'll prescribe you some medicines, take them regularly. How will medicines help, Doctor? Look at the state of this place. [Harshad] 'So many days in here have totally f****d me.' You had said it's easy to get bail in such cases. Mr. Mehta, don't worry. CBI has given an undertaking to the special court judge,that their investigation can only go on till 30th July.   You're free to go after that.   You're sure, right? Yes. I've seen the undertaking. That's good. I'll celebrate my birthday at home. I have never stayed,away from home for so long. Look,We have Harshad's custody till the 30th of July. But we have to make sure that we have him for,another fortnight at least. Do one thing, file as many FIRs as possible, against him. [CBI officer] 'Okay, sir.' The UCO bill discounting case, the PFC deal,File FIRs in all cases. Then go to the courts and tell them we are investigating 15 to 16 banks,and we need Harshad in that connection. I hope Justice Variava will agree. [CBI officer] 'Okay, sir. What do we do with Bhushan Bhatt?' Bhushan Bhatt,will not go against Harshad. He's very loyal. And we don't have much against him. So, let's not waste time on him. [CBI Officer] 'Okay, sir.' [door bell ringing] No,Wait, have some patience. Harshad? CBI has asked for custody. [Ashwin] 'Another 15 days.' What happens next, we'll only know on the 13th. It's been two months, and they are still not done with their interrogation? They are not holding him for interrogation anymore. They're troubling him. They are pressurising him to confess. They want him to admit that it's his mistake. Bhabhi, there's a notice in your name too. In my name? Yes, it's a tax order in your and Harshad's names. How much is the order for? [Ashwin] 'Ten thousand,crores.' All the banks we investigated,their books have one name in common. Harshad Mehta. Sooner or later we are going to find out,how did you manage all of it on your own. But it'll be better if you tell us. Whom did you bribe in these banks? I haven't bribed anyone in any of these banks. Oh, yes! You don't bribe. You have coined a new term for it, what was it,Bankerage, right? Did you think,that because the CBI doesn't speak your financial language,you can take us for a ride to the moon and back!? [Das] 'Huh?' You've conducted such a big fraud,that we need an army of accountants just to get the estimates. [Das] 'And you're pretending that you pulled it off...' '...without any internal support from these banks.' I know very well,that you had a setting in every bank. I didn't have any setting anywhere. All your numbers are wrong. It's all disproportionate. I don't owe anyone a single penny and that's the only truth. Harshad, you're making your life more and more difficult. [Das] 'Jail will become your permanent address.' [glass shatters] Is this a way to communicate? You could have phoned me,I admit it's the wrong way, Suchetaji. That's why I apologised on the note. But I didn't have a choice. The CBI has eyes on us 24/7. They might be tapping our phones,maybe your phone is also being tapped. After all, you are connected with this case too,and the government? They are treating us like terrorists. I'm scared that CBI might kill my brother Harshad. He's in a bad state. I had to tell someone,Why me? You could have gone to any other journalist?  


 I'm scared I might lose my brother,  Why are you telling me this? You're worried about your brother? What about those people,whose life's savings and families have been ruined by your brother? Won't it be better to write about them? Please, Suchetaji,[knock on the door] [Rahil's wife] 'Open the door, it's me.' 'I'm alone out here.' Come in quickly. What are you doing? Didn't I ask you to lock the door from outside? How much longer will we stay locked in? What should I do? Tell me. Every time I step out, they harass me for money. Last time, they threatened to kill me. No, I know, that they won't kill me. They'll hand me over to the police. The police didn't let Harshad go, what will they do to me? No, nothing will happen.   Everything is over.   No.   No, really, everything is over.   No. You're right. I won't be able to live like this.   I can't live like this, hiding in fear.   Rahil,[Judge] 'Are you sure you have completed all your investigations?' [CBI Attorney] 'Yes, sir.' [Judge] 'Okay, Mr. Mehta, your bail is sanctioned now.' [Ashwin] 'Don't worry, okay? Go out for a few days with Jyoti.' Mr. Mehta, we are from the Enforcement Directorate. We are arresting you for breaking the Foreign Exchange Regulation Act,under section 35 and 62.   So please,  Do you have a warrant?   Arrest him.   Warrant? Show us the papers. Lawyer saheb, talk to them. So you're saying you don't have any account in any swiss bank? No, I don't. So then, how do you transfer your money abroad?   By laundering money?   What? We can get the details of your operator in minutes. I don't have anybody who launders money for me.   So you don't have an operator?   No, I don't. Who is this Mohan Lal, then? One of your ex employees took his name,didn't you send him there on the day of the market opening? Mohanlal S. Mithaiwala. He is a confectioner. Not a money launderer. It's so clear that your source is deaf. [Das] 'We can't keep Harshad locked up anymore.' 'He's been in ED's custody for five weeks.' It can get tough to answer the court and the media. Everyone has been released on bail. Even the SBI people. ...How much longer can we keep Harshad locked up? [Swami] 'Let him go then.' 'If you can't lock him up physically, so be it...' '...at least, you can tie him down mentally.' 'Remind him not to spread rumours about the Prime Minister.' 'And if he makes such a mistake again...' '...he will be accused for so many more crimes in so many more cases...' '...that he'll spend 10 to 15 years in jail.'   Okay, Swami ji.   Hari Om. [crowd] 'Harshad Bhai...' 'Harshad Bhai...' 'Harshad Bhai...' 'Harshad Bhai...' Harshad Bhai,Harshad Bhai! Harshad Bhai! My son! Let me ward off the evil eye. Rascals! How weak you've become,You couldn't sleep there, right? I read in the news that you slept on the floor using shoes as a pillow,  Oh, Mummy!   Stop it, Mummy,  Go, eat something and go to sleep.   Yes. I've made lapsi. porridge Mummy, please tell me she didn't make an eggplant mash with lapsi. brinjal/ porridge Because I have already been mashed. He hasn't lost his humour. Go, Jyoti. 'Lots of fruits, Mr. Mehta.' 'You've become quite health conscious.' Oranges. These days I'm loving oranges. Have you ever had prison food? Have you ever had water there? Have you ever seen the inside of a jail? I don't wish that even for my enemy. I went in with such pride. But in four months,I've been completely deflated. And then I've understood,what "Health is wealth" means. 


And I've also understood,that I will only have to help myself. That's not true. Your friends helped you when you needed it. Harshad, you came to Delhi and didn't tell me? You could've called. It's strange that I get to know from others about your arrival. You only inform your friends about your plans. Friends.   Please have something.   Thank you. Thank you. It's good for calcium, you should have. Your friends from the JPC have also summoned me. And what a coincidence,You thought of me at the exact same time. Before I appear at the parliamentary committee, you appeared here. I realise. At the JPC,if any names pop up, the PM,and Swami ji will be in trouble. [Harshad] 'Tell me something.' Are they worried for me or themselves? Harshad, a lot of names have already been taken before the JPC. There shouldn't be any more names. It's in everybody's best interest. Especially yours. Right. I won't take any names. As long as you keep protecting me. Of course, Harshad. Okay, I'll say what you came here to say. I won't mention the Prime Minister. You see, after these so called revelations,various people have given various names to the scam. Initially, it was called the stock scam. Brokers didn't like it so they called it the bank scam. But I will tell you what it is. It is the Citi scam. Citibank is the beehive of all the illegal activities in the system. Let's just look at our Indian money markets. In the Indian money market, foreign banks like Citibank rule as they wish. And they mint a ton of money. Citibank has all the money,to buy every new issue of every government bonds. They have the lion's share in the market. So once they corner all the securities, all the small players are at their mercy. And that's not all. Citibank makes sure,that it maintains a dominant position in the market. And how do they do it? By exploiting the loopholes in the system,By violating RBI guidelines,and by influencing policy making in Delhi,through their powerful advisory boards. More than 80 percent transactions have sophisticated syndicates involved. They don't let outsiders enter. And they can easily exploit,the slow and ignorant Indian banking system. No one even understands this. Very few journalists like Sucheta Dalal have brought it out. I'm willing to help. The whole truth will be out. I'm ready to cooperate with all the investigative agencies. But only if I'm exonerated from all the charges. If I was in your shoes,to start with, I'd be looking into PMS deals. PMS. Portfolio management services,of Citibank. Once you do that you'll realise why Citibank is the kingpin,of all the dubious PMS deals in India. Mr. Tyagi, I will not waste time. Let us get straight to the point. There are severe allegations against your bank. What kind of allegations? Your bank is involved in irregularities like other banks. For example? Irregularities regarding PMS, for example,You can go through all our books. I have nothing to hide. In fact, I can personally assist you to get a better understanding of my books. All our deals, every single one of them, are in strict accordance,with the guidelines set by the Reserve bank of India. We have never flouted a single rule. You should know that we have already seen,some of your books and have several issues with it. But with due respect, sir,misunderstandings are natural in financial matters. There can be misinterpretation because of ignorance and,Are you calling us ignorant, Mr. Tyagi? Not at all. I'm sure you all are very learned men. But we are also Citibank. We have been in India since 90 years. We are very committed to this country. We have invested large sums of money. We haven't even taken any dividend for the last four years. We have nurtured the NRI investment in this country. We brought the Digital equipment corporation to this country. I don't understand why being successful is such a crime here. [engine starting] [Venkitarajan] 'Are you sure the CBI is following you?' [Sucheta] 'Yes, I've seen them near my house too.' 


Then, we can't meet like this. But there is someone else who is interested in meeting you. Needless to say, this meeting will be unofficial. Can you go to Delhi today? I think you should go. It could be an interesting meeting. CBI, government and media,are after one man. But I think we should shift the focus. Banks, International banks,and government owned companies. JPC has limited powers. And we are not an investigative body also. 'We have tons of information but we can do nothing with it.' Technically, we can't make it public. But you can find a way to make it reach your readers. Once it's out,the CBI will have to investigate. They will have no excuse. These are not just files, but the truth of the system. Truth. But yes, you can only do it in this room. You can't take anything out of this room. Mr. Singh has more files. He's getting it in the afternoon. Here you are. You need anything else, let me know, okay? There are some foreign banks who thought they would get away with anything. They made a mockery of bank receipts and did not even maintain proper records for verification. Some of the documents of bulk of their securities deals are,conveniently missing. You can check all the papers and ask me anything you like. [Sucheta] 'As we dug deep into the JPC reports and records...' '...it became very clear that the Harshad Mehta scam...' '...was a part of the bigger irregularities in the banking system.' 'Irregularities and flaws that Harshad didn't invent...' '...but he misused them freely.' 'Another thing was clear.' 'Along with Harshad Mehta, it was important to investigate banks...' '...especially Citibank and its brokers.' 'This was the only way to clean the system completely.' Sir, I agree some of our dealings may look problematic,and we may have suffered some big losses. But let me assure you, sir,that none of our PMS clients or our regular customers have lost any money. Mr. Rao, it's not only about profits and losses. People have been questioning the way you are operating in the money market. Everyone is saying, Citibank is a bully. Sir, the people who are calling us a bully,are the same people who probably couldn't compete with us. Let me refresh your memory quickly, sir,of how patriotic we are,and what our allegiance to this country means, to us. 1990, just two years back,when India was under the hammer of US trade representative Carla Hills,during the balance of payments crisis. It was I who stood strongly for India,against the USA threat of trade sanctions. If you remember, sir, we ran full page pro India advertisements. Just to show how patriotic we are. And look, today you are calling us foreigners. Anyway. I'm going to do my best and,I'll try and satisfy you with our actions, sir. I hope so. These buffoons from the JPC must have leaked the information to the press. These jokers are clueless about how business is done in India. Now I may have handled the Finance Minister for the time being. But since all our documents are under intense scrutiny,a press hearing can happen anytime. But these things happen. There's no need to worry. In a few days, there will be a cricket match between India and Pakistan,where India is going to defeat Pakistan,That's it. Everyone will be happy. They will forget everything. I don't think so. Look, it's time for you to move on. What are you trying to say?   Are you asking me to resign?   No. I'm not asking you to resign. You've been our star performer. You have earned us a fortune from the treasury department. 'I just want you to stay away from this investigation.' So congratulations. You've been promoted and moved to New York.   You're not serious.   I am. And now I'm going to order the most expensive wine on the menu. And unfortunately, you're going to be paying for it. I hope you're carrying your card. This is India. I only deal in cash. You're going to America in the middle of all this? Not for a holiday. The management has decided this,and it's the best for all of us. All of us? Ah! Or for you and your bank? Our offices and homes are being raided. They are looking into our accounts. They even arrested me, goddamn it! I was in jail.   But now you're out.   Yeah, but on bail. Do you have any idea how many cases they have filed against us? I'm not sure, but not as many as they have filed against Harshad. So now you think this is funny? Come on, AK! Relax. The system is flawed. And you can't file a case against a system. You can't arrest a system. All this is going to die down soon. Just keep a low profile. I must go now. Jerry is waiting for me. But you stay in touch. All the best. Before the Joint Parliamentary Committee, he didn't even let Citibank go,What will he do with us? Wait and watch,when the time is right, he'll come forward like a film hero,and rat us all out. Harshad is not our enemy. But he should know he has a lot of enemies. Though we can't send him back to jail, he should always fear going back. He should have nightmares about jail. [doorbell ringing] Come in. Come on. Start, start.   What is this? Ashwin!   Search every bloody corner. What's going on, sir? We have a search warrant. Your house is not Marine Drive, that we have come here for a stroll.   We have some solid information.   What information? What happened? Do you know Niraj Shah? We have met a couple of times. A couple of times? According to our information, your families are very close. You go on holidays together. We have a common tour operator. We met during a holiday. Growmore handles their investments too, right? Maybe. Do you have any idea how many clients we have? 


Do you have any idea that Niraj has a narcotics business? How would we know? And what business he does, how does it concern us? Whether it concerns you or not, we will decide that, Mr. Mehta. But if you know anything,tell us voluntarily. Or, you know that we can make the connection. It will have to be a made up connection, because in reality there is none. Mr. Mehta, narcotics,is not like a share market scam. You must have heard about COFEPOSA. Conservation of Foreign Exchange and Prevention of Smuggling activities Act. If you are charged with this, you can forget about living a normal life. And I am not,I am not f*****g around, okay? [CBI officer] 'Sir, we didn't find anything.' Oh! It's cocaine,not snacks that you'll find frying in the kitchen. No one conducts narcotics business from home. I hope you haven't forgotten our office. If you remember anything, please pay us a visit. And if we find something, we'll take you away. Okay?   Come on, everybody. Let's move.  [Officer] 'Yes, Sir.' Narcotics? What is going on? Left to them, they'll call us terrorists next. We should get prepared. Now, they will regularly raid us. We had a video camera, didn't we? Where is it? What will you do with a video camera? I'll make a film. Harshad? I'm recording this video because,if anything happens to me, people should know who is responsible. Swami ji has severed all ties with us, right? Now it's time,to wake that Swami from his meditation. The government and Swami should both know,that Harshad's bad luck can also cast a shadow on them. If they try to f*** with me,the whole country will f*** them over. I know how CBI works. They are on Delhi's leash, and they bark on command. Pranav, you're a fool. You should have brought him to me right in the beginning. Those foolish lawyers who call themselves barristers,and don't even know how to wear a coat properly,Why did you have to go to them? Ram uncle, you're the god of the judiciary. We felt this was too small a matter, to trouble God with. We didn't know this war would drag on for so long,that the PMO would enter the battlefield. So I took God's name and brought Harshad here. Stop buttering me up with this 'God' business. All this while, you were living on god's mercy. But now you'll have to work with the law. Harshad,the one crore that you gave the PM,did you tell anyone about it? Not yet.   But I can prove it.   It's my job to prove. I'm your lawyer. And listen, now,the police, CBI,whatever they ask,'You will not talk to them without consulting me.' 'Do you understand?' In 1991, between 2nd and 4th November, you made some large withdrawals. Ten lakh rupees from Grindlays Bank, Fort branch. Thirty lakhs from SBI's main branch. And two withdrawals in Delhi on 4th November. Forty five lakhs. What were you doing with so much cash? I don't remember anything. These are very old transactions. It's a big amount, Mr. Mehta. Try to remember. Look, this might be a big amount for you, not for me. I really don't remember. Let me know if you remember. You shouldn't have uttered a single word there. Why did you let him speak?   Don't you understand?   But what did I say? Didn't you say that you don't remember anything about the money? So 'I don't remember' doesn't mean I said anything. You have no idea how they can turn this 'I don't remember' into evidence. Thank God CBI's interrogation is not admissible in court. Or you would have let the PM off the hook. Anyway. I will take care of this Das. How? To Mr. KS Das, CBI Chief. The cash withdrawals made by my client,Mr. Harshad Shantilal Mehta,between 2nd and 4th November, 1991,about which CBI questioned him,are politically sensitive in nature,'...and Mr. Mehta can disclose details regarding them...' '...only if he gets immunity from political persecution.'   Kiran?   Yeah? Did you read Business Standard's new story?   What story?   They have published a letter,that Jethmalani wrote to the CBI chief. In it, he alleges that Harshad might have paid off someone,very powerful in the government. Around one crore or something. Calls it politically sensitive. Do you have any idea who it might be? 'So now you're creating rumours in the press also?' I don't take such risky short positions. I am the big bull. 


For now, I've just created a rumour. But you never know,the Prime Minister might lose both his value and his government,Do you really think, if this nonsense goes public, it will make a difference? Do you think,you've been sent here to drink orange juice? You're here to negotiate, right? All the cases against us should be withdrawn. Mr. Harshad Mehta, we don't have a magic wand,which can make everything disappear overnight. Income tax, CBI, press, everyone is after you,I know,Everyone is after me. Sometimes I feel, they'll even accuse me of the bomb blast at BSE. CBI is already threatening me with COFEPOSA. They'll charge me with TADA too. There has to be some middle ground. You just keep your mouth zipped. I'll see how you can be helped. I want it in writing. In writing?   Is this Mr. Jethmalani's idea?   He's our lawyer. Naturally, he will think about our safety. I want it in writing. It's impossible to give anything in writing. 'This is all that we can offer.' Now you decide. What would you like to do? With this kind of a crowd and this kind of a heat,let me put an end to all the speculations and make it official. The scam was encouraged,initiated and sustained by the government. The money of rupees one crore was paid to honourable PV Narasimha Rao,the Prime Minister of India. And the suitcase and the money was left with Mr. Khandekar,the personal assistant to the Prime Minister,at the Prime Minister's suggestion. People don't give any human name to scams. But if a human name is to be given to this scam,it is not the Harshad Mehta scam. It is a PV Narasimha Rao scam. [Music playing]

 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To Reveal Hidden Password Behind Asterisk Without Any Tool

How To Reveal Hidden Password Behind Asterisk Without Any Tool How To Reveal Hidden Password Behind Asterisk Without Any Tool How To Reveal Hidden Password Behind Asterisk Without Any Tool How To Reveal Hidden Password Behind Asterisk Without Any Tool How To Reveal Hidden Password Behind Asterisk Without Any Tool How To Reveal Hidden Password Behind Asterisk Without Any Tool How To Reveal Hidden Password Behind Asterisk Without Any Tool How To Reveal Hidden Password Behind Asterisk Without Any Tool How To Reveal Hidden Password Behind Asterisk Without Any Tool How To Reveal Hidden Password Behind Asterisk Without Any Tool How To Reveal Hidden Password Behind Asterisk Without Any Tool How To Reveal Hidden Password Behind Asterisk Without Any Tool How To Reveal Hidden Password Behind Asterisk Without Any Tool How To Reveal Hidden Password Behind Asterisk Without Any Tool How To Reveal Hidden Password Behind Asterisk Without Any Tool How To Reveal Hidden Password Behind Asterisk Without A

Scam 1992 the Harshad Mehta Story - S01 E07

[Harshad] 'What a lovely house you've made, my lady!' We'll build a terrace garden here.  You know, with those miniature plants and trees?  Bonsai. [Harshad] 'Bonsai. We'll plant those too. I've heard they are very lucky.' What is it? Is everything okay? What do I say? You tell me. Is everything okay at work? What do you mean? Your business is beyond my understanding. But I do understand that all the newspapers are writing about you. So let them. It's worthless news. Many homes run thanks to your husband, my lady. News reporters are amongst them.  So, let them earn too.  I'm scared. It feels different this time. What's different?  You think too much.  Hey! [Title Montage] 'I won't take up too much of your time.' 'I know that most of you are here to listen to just one man. ' According to me, he's a scientist. Einstein of the share market. Harshad Mehta. Please, come. [crowd applauding] Thank you. To be honest, I can'

Sacred Games Season 1 Episode 5

Greetings from Suleiman Isa. Kukoo? Kukoo's gone. What do you mean, "gone"? Meaning fuck all. Nothing. I'm Ganesh Gaitonde. I don't trust anyone. Even he can't harm me because I'm above him. From now on, only one god will be worshiped in Gopalmath, and that's me. I'm your one true god. How did you find out about this? I had a dream. Mind your own business. We have to get to him before the RAW officers do. Why are you doing this? Is it because you like her? Bunty won't give in easily. There'll be gunfire. Should I teach you how to take the safety off the gun? I'll Google it, just like I Googled Ramakant Jadhav. Who are these people? They're our men. Criminals turned informants. If things go wrong, we'll say we got a tip from them that they were blackmailing a builder and got away with six lakh rupees. What's this? It's for your protection. They fired, and we fired in response. We don't know anything about Bunty.